CDC Hickie Yellow Pea is one of the newest yellow pea varieties from the University of Saskatchewan’s Crop Development Centre. This outstanding pea variety is the result of rigorous breeding and testing, ensuring it meets the highest standards of quality and performance.
‘CDC Hickie’ originated from the cross between ‘CDC 2283-17’ and PO410-16 conducted in 2011 at the Crop Development Centre at the University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Breeder: Tom Warkentin, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The variety was selected based on various criteria, including grain yield, days to maturity, vine length, resistance to lodging, seed weight, resistance to seed coat breakage, disease resistance, and protein concentration.
Performance Summary based on the 2023 SaskSeed Guide and is based on the comparison with the check variety CDC Amarillo:
- Years Tested: 6 years
- Yield (%): 108% (Areas 1,2 & South 3), 107% (Areas 3 & 4), No Data is available for Irrigation
- Protein (%): +0.5%
- Relative Maturity: M (Medium)
- Lodging: 3.5 (Lodging score (1-9) where 1 = completely upright, 9 = completely lodged)
- Vine Length (cm): 85
- MB: 4.5 (Mycosphaerella blight score (1-9) 1 = no disease, 9 = completely blighted.)
- Powdery Mildew: R
- Fusarium Root Rot: MR
- Seed Coat Breakage Resistance: Good
- Seed Coat Dimpling Resistance: Good (Seed Coat Dimpling: VG = 0-5 percent; G = 6-20 percent; F = 21-50 percent.)
- Greeness: Good (Greenness: Good = 0-15 percent; Fair = 16-40 percent.)
- Seed Weight (g/1000): 230
Contact McDougall Acres to book your CDC Hickie yellow pea seed today.