CDC Forest Green Pea Field Pea
Description: CDC Forest is a high-yielding green pea with robust lodging tolerance, improved resistance to mycosphaerella blight, and resistance to powdery mildew.
Breeder: Dr. Tom Warkentin, Crop Development Centre, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK
Sub-licensed Outside of SK: SeCan
Plant Breeders Rights: Yes, PBR 91
Origin & Breeding History: ‘CDC Forest’ resulted from a breeding program based at the Crop Development Centre, University of Saskatchewan, in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. It originated from the cross ‘CDC Bronco’/’Nitouche’ // ‘Argus’ made in 2006.
- Outstanding yield (120% compared to the green pea variety CDC Striker).
- Enhanced mycosphaerella resistance, surpassing the checks.
- Excellent powdery mildew resistance.
- Good lodging resistance similar to the checks.
- Medium vine length, slightly taller than the checks.
- Medium maturity, 3 days later than CDC Striker.
- Medium seed size, slightly smaller than the checks.
- Round seed shape.
- Low seed coat breakage percent.
- Good bleaching resistance.
- Moderate green color intensity, similar to the checks.
- Fair Fusarium wilt resistance; similar to checks.
Contact McDougall Acres to book your CDC Forest seed today.