AAC Viewfield Hard Red Spring Wheat
AAC Viewfield is a high-performing, semi-dwarf variety that offers impressive yields, excellent sprout tolerance, and outstanding disease package.
Parentage: Derived from the cross ‘Stettler’ / ‘Glenn’ conducted at the Semiarid Prairie Agricultural Research Centre of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Swift Current, Saskatchewan.
Breeder: Richard Cuthbert, Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada, Swift Current, Saskatchewan.
Intended Purpose: This variety was specifically developed to offer a superior hard red spring wheat variety that excels in yield performance, displays robust standability, and features intermediate resistance to Fusarium Head Blight (FHB) even under challenging growing conditions.
The following characteristics are quoted from 2023 SaskSeed Guide (comparison to the check variety AAC Brandon):
- Years Tested: 5
- Yield (%): 105% (Area 1 & 2), 101% (Area 3 & 4)
- Protein (%): -0.3% (AAC Brandon has 14.3% protein content)
- Lodging: G (Good Resistance)
- Sprouting: G (Good Resistance)
- Stem Rust: R (Resistant)
- Leaf Rust: R (Resistant)
- Stripe Rust: MR (Moderately Resistant)
- Bunt: MR (Moderately Resistant)
- Leaf Spot: I (Intermediate Resistance)
- FHB (Fusarium Head Blight): I (Intermediate Resistance)
- Head Awnedness: Y (Yes)
- Stem Solidness: H (Hollow)
- Relative Maturity (days): 101
- Seed Weight (mg): -2.1 mg
- Volume Weight (kg/hL): +0.7 kg/hL
- Height (cm): Approximately -3 cm
Contact McDougall Acres to book your AAC Viewfield hard red spring wheat seed today.