AAC Chrome Yellow Pea offers superior yields and an excellent disease package. It features medium-sized seeds and good seed coat strength.
Parentage: ‘AAC Chrome’ originated from the cross between ‘Polstead’ and ‘CDC715S-4’ conducted in 2004 at the Lacombe Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Lacombe, Alberta.
Breeder: Bred by Deng-jin Bing, Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada, Lacombe, Alberta.
Performance Summary based on the 2023 SaskSeed Guide and is based on the comparison with the check variety CDC Amarillo:
- Years Tested: 6 years
- Yield (%): 106% (Areas 1,2 & South 3), 104% (Areas 3 & 4)
- Protein (%): -1.0%
- Relative Maturity: M (Medium)
- Lodging: 4.5 (Lodging score (1-9) where 1 = completely upright, 9 = completely lodged)
- Vine Length (cm): 75
- MB: 4.5 (Mycosphaerella blight score (1-9) 1 = no disease, 9 = completely blighted.)
- Powdery Mildew: R
- Fusarium Root Rot: I (Intermediate Resistance)
- Seed Coat Breakage Resistance: Good
- Seed Coat Dimpling Resistance: Good (Seed Coat Dimpling: VG = 0-5 percent; G = 6-20 percent; F = 21-50 percent.)
- Greeness: Good (Greenness: Good = 0-15 percent; Fair = 16-40 percent.)
- Seed Weight (g/1000): 240
Contact McDougall Acres to book your AAC Chrome yellow pea seed today.